One of the most frequent comments we hear from clients is “I just can’t seem to choose the right color” or “Every color we have chosen is too dark and not the right shade”.
Choosing colors and materials for your home is not an easy process. We understand and know how to address this dilemma with over 25 years of experience. Good choices of paint color in design play a vital role in making us happier, more comfortable, and make us have richer life experiences.
Both Leslie Morrison and Nicola Vigini are trained and certified colorists from The School of Color.
Of the many options we offer our clients, color consultations for interiors and exteriors is a highly requested service. During our initial meeting, we sit down and discuss likes and dislikes as well as options. Bring photos, magazine ideas, and fabrics. We will then prepare a written document for the client to review.
- Design of color scheme
- Suggestions of colors, brands, sheens and areas of attention
- Prep work necessary
- Suggest trends in the industry
- Color for walls, floors, moldings, and cabinetry by matching or coordinating with fabrics
- Sheens and durability
- Type of paint: oil vs. water
- Assess damage/potential damage that painters need to be aware of including moldings, fascia, doors, shutters, windows and shingles
- Walls-coordinate color, sheen and potential texture or wall finish; Note areas of damage and suggestions for repair
- Ceilings-coordinate or match wall color and wood work; recommend methods of repair if needed
- Cabinetry and woodwork-suggest prep, analyze condition, color coordination with wall and ceiling and advise type of paint/stain with durability in mind
- Floors-recommend prep and proper paints/stains with durability in mind
- Doors-assess water damage, grain and other concerns
- Tailor made colors for interior and exterior- plasters and stains are also an option
- Exteriors-(stucco, woodwork, railings) advise color options and trends to coordinate, we do not assess exterior damage
In addition, we also provide painted boards/moldings with the chosen colors for an easy viewing. Let us take the worry off your shoulders and provide you with a unique color scheme or even a custom color named after you!